The Divine Mercy Hospital has been in operation since 2008 with the vision to be the preferred health service provider, improving health and well being of the people and the communities. Divine Mercy Hospital is on a mission to provide the best care to every customer through integrated health care. The hospital is located on plot 2-4 Kakyeka road, Kamukuzi Division in Mbarara City.
The following were the three major problems for Divine Mercy Hospital;
- Management of patient data: Retrieving patient files would take more than 20 minutes and sometimes files would not be traced.
- Pharmacy and drugs management: The hospital was having challenges with managing drug stock outs and expiries which would occur frequently.
- Management of Finances especially expenses that were being handled using the paper system
- The Streamline team installed Stre@mline EMR at Divine Mercy Hospital premises on the 1st December, 2021.
- A total of 31 staff including: the administrators, finance team, clinical team, records teams were trained in a period of 4 weeks.
- Divine Mercy Hospital team was able to set up its price lists, run stock count and stock reconciliations in both the store and pharmacy, etc on Stre@mline.
- Hospital went live with Stre@mline EMR on the 12th January, 2022 and all staff switched to Stre@mline EMR.
As of 13th December, 2022. Divine Mercy Hospital had registered a total of 14,760 patients on Stre@mline EMR.
According to Fred Atwine, the Hospital Pharmacist, “I can now monitor the drug flow; purchasing drugs, requisitions from pharmacy to stores, report on average monthly drug consumptions for any period of time.”
According to Gwen Asiimire, the accountant; "It’s now easy to generate an income statement for a given period of time as compared to the previous system. I know how much we've made or spent at any period of time. This information is very useful for financial planning. Management is happy because we now are able to provide all the financial reports needed in time.