Stre@mline is an e-health platform developed by Church of Uganda Kisiizi Hospital and Innovation Streams Limited. Here are 7 reasons your health center will choose Stre@mline over any other software on the market today.
- Risk reduction: Of every hundred 100 hospitalized patients at any given time, 7 in developed and 10 in developing countries will acquire health care-associated infections (WHO, 2014).Patient safety is a serious global public health issue. Stre@mline includes safety prompts and resources for staff directly relevant to a patient’s specific clinical problem in real time. It incorporates early warning system data to identify and prioritise sick children or adults to ensure critical care is not delayed.It will build in Uganda Ministry of Health guidance e.g. Intensified TB Case-Finding to improve service safety. It will facilitate communication of patient care between different staff professionals. Stre@mline allows data such as x-rays and lab reports to be linked to patient records and will facilitate better care should the patient re-attend. It stores chronic diagnoses and treatments making data entry much quicker. Many patients lose their medical forms and x-rays and may consequently have unnecessary investigations etc but Stre@mline will allow 24-hour access to summary data on patients’ attendances and will warn staff of patient allergies etc.
- Customization: In contrast to many systems where changes take time to organize and are often costly, Stre@mline is easy to customize and update by users whilst ensuring data protection is robust. This allows rapid improvements to be made, for example if a clinical audit recognizes a system problem contributed to an adverse incident in patient care, appropriate flags or warnings or guidance can be added to Stre@mline very easily by the local staff and be in use live 24 hours a day immediately.
- Facilitation of Clinician Input: Most clinicians are busy and in demand so the idea of sitting at a computer terminal and entering data is not always well received. However, Stre@mline encourages and facilitates clinicians in their work and minimizes the time and effort needed to input data by the use of drop down lists and prompts. It then allows 100% prospective collection of accurate clinical data and consequent powerful epidemiology and audit resources are automatically stored. These can then support efficient resource allocation by health institute management and the Ministry of Health.
- Integration with Kisiizi Health Insurance Scheme: This has many benefits, joining up across a whole health system in line with the WHO international priority of Universal Health Coverage. It allows monitoring and improved efficiency with reduced costs and allows targeted health promotion to groups with high levels of illness. This model may be replicated in other areas.
- Inbuilt finance module: Manage all collections from patients in a seemless manner.
- Communication with patients improving compliance: Stre@mline allows patients to receive a printed summary of their attendance in English or the local language Rukiga. This clear communication improves patients’ compliance with treatment and involves them actively in their own care as does the development of health promotion messages and reminders via mobile phone texts.
- Robust reporting: Generation of HMIS data by Stre@mline improves efficiency and timeliness of data reporting (the introduction of Stre@mline to a UK paediatric department by the Principal Investigator produced a 10% improvement in data quality of in-patient admissions even compared to professional coders).